Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Symptoms of Andersen's Disease


Yum yum. Yes, we know what you're thinking. It's time for a Christmas treat and ice-cream seem to be the perfect choice. All of us love ice-cream, as a child or as an adult - we love ice-cream (Or maybe its just me :D). However, ice-cream may not very well be the best choice for a snack for someone living with Andersen's Disease. (Not the compulsive disorder to eat ice-cream like me, but the other one, amylopectinosis / branching enzyme deficiency)

Previously, we talked about what Andersen's Disease is and its diagnosis. Let us now talk a little bit about the symptoms for the disease, since Andersen's disease is symptom-specific and treatment is unique for each patient based on the array of symptoms displayed. 

Andersen's disease affects the liver, muscles, heart, nervous system and more, thus, biopsies are taken for examination to look for abnormally structured glycogen or amylopectin-like deposits for diagnosis.

Having known these organs / systems are affected, we are able to better associate the symptoms with the disease itself. For example, accumulation of abnormal glycogen caused by the lack of a GBE in skeletal muscle may lead to muscle weakness and fatigue, because the glycogen then cannot be converted back to glucose to be used to produce energy for exercise.

Also, the presence of insoluble glycogen can induce foreign-body reactions to lead to cellular injury. The rapid injury to cells will lead to the replacement of tissue with scar tissue (fibrosis) and regenerative nodules. As such, a patient can develop cirrhosis, usually to the liver. This can lead to liver failure, that is irreversible.

There are many other symptoms found to be associated with Andersen's Disease. Some of which are:
  • Muscle weakness & fatigue
  • Cirrhosis
  • Hypertension.
  • Failure to grow & gain weight
  • Hepatosplenomegaly (Enlargement of spleen)
There are many more symptoms that could be tell-tale signs of Andersen's Disease, but of course, like every other disease I have learnt, I always end up self diagnosing myself as an affected individual by this disease haha. 

Let's leave the diagnosing to the medical professionals for biopsies, counting of blood cells, testing liver functions and more.

Merry Christmas fellow bloggers!

1 comment:

  1. Dr Itua cures my HIV, I have been an ARV Consumption for 10 years. I have been in pain until I came across Dr Itua on a blog site. I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location I explained everything to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cure me, he gave me guarantee, He asks me to pay for items fees so when I'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua. I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days. Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work. My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and the rest of my friends did too, Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what I'm talking about if you have the same problem I was having then not now though. I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center. I have his calendar too that he recently sent me, He Cures all kind disease Like, Cancer,Weak Erection, Wart Remover,Hpv, Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease, Heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv, Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy,Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Brain Cancer, Lung Cancer, Infertility,Parkinson's disease, Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back. Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or visit his website www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete